The average income in America is $38,611 per person or about $105 per day. Compare that to the shocking reality for more than half the world's population of 7 billion people.
- 40% of the world’s people, or 2.6 billion people, live on less than $2 a day
- 15% of the world’s people, or 1.0 billion people, live on less than $1 a day
- 4.5% of the world’s people, or 0.3 billion people, live on $105 per day or more.
The average American makes over 100 times what the bottom billion people on the planet make.
- Today’s 1125 billionaires hold more wealth than the wealth of half the world’s adult population.
- The wealthiest 7 people on earth control more wealth than the combined GDP of the 41 most heavily indebted (poor) nations.
- The poorest 40% of the world’s population accounts for just 5% of global income. The richest 20% accounts for three-quarters of the world’s income.
- The top 20% of the world’s population consumes 86% of the world’s goods.