Monday, November 21, 2011

I know, I'm a Christian and I Shouldn't Have Done That

Somehow a lot of people are under the misconception that Christians are always supposed be "good." Even worse they think Christians think they are perfect. If you are one of these people I'm more than happy to inform you that both of these prepositions are definately not true. While some may have a pious attitude, the truth is Christians, including me, mess up a heck of a lot.

Despite my many shortcomings, the wonderful thing is God loves me anyway. Does that mean I'm free to go do whatever I want? Not exactly. See, I believe in having a personal relationship with Jesus (God) and because I have that relationship, I love God. Because I love God, I choose, out of my own free will, to follow his commandments as well as I possibly can.

When you love someone you do things they like. To show love for my wife I buy her flowers. To show love for God I attempt to follow his will for my life. I don't always succeed in this, but that doesn't mean God stops loving me. If you look to the bible, as bible believers do, it talks about God's unconditional love for those who follow him.

So, I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have done that, but my God loves me anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment